Senior Business Analyst at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Business Analyst - Fixed Term or Secondment opportunity until May 2022, based in Wellington
- Are you passionate about using your skills to make a difference?
- Use your experience in quality frameworks and methodologies and your analytical skills to support continuous improvement in the quality of frontline practice
- Be part of a team that values innovation, leadership, and professional development
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The purpose of the Senior Business Analyst position is to actively contribute to the design, development and continuous improvement of the practice quality assurance framework and to monitor both the quality and consistency of practice across the country. The role is responsible for on-going assessment of the quality assurance methodology, including systems, processes and tools to support continuous quality improvement, to ensure they remain fit for purpose and in line with best practice. The position has a lead role in analysing quality data to derive meaningful insights and support strategic and operational oversight and decision making.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- Excellent analytical skills and a high level of experience in data collection, analysis, reporting and insights generation
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in quality frameworks and methodologies
- A commitment to the principles of mana tamaiti, whakapapa and whanaungatanga and to delivering to our Māori cultural framework
- The attitude of a team player and the willingness to contribute to a positive, can-do, and results-driven culture
- A desire to take initiative, innovate, and continuously improve.
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant experience is essential.
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
You will be working in a supportive and positive team environment, with flexible working options and where your ongoing professional development will be supported and encouraged. This role will give you the opportunity to truly make a difference and help to improve outcomes for tamariki in New Zealand.
We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Applications close: 9th October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Business Analyst Quality Systems - Position Description .pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.