Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time position available
- Based at our Te Kaipara Site
- We're offering a competitive salary starting from $78840.00 - $94715.00
Part of the Kaipara district, Dargaville is a home to just over five thousand people and growing. With house prices significantly dropping affordability in Dargaville is an ideal place to buy up and raise your family. Enjoy the beaches, fishing spots, camp sites, kai iwi lake, bush walks, we take work life balance in Dargaville seriously.
We have strong community relationships here that work alongside our social workers, and best of all, people like working here, therefore consideration of a relocation package may be discussed to the successful applicant
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this busy role you will have the privilege to work in our community, with whānau and closely with other social services to ensure a joined-up response to meeting the needs of the whānau we are working with. We work hard to engage sustainable support that will keep tamariki safe and in the care of their whānau first and foremost. So, if you think you have what it takes, and you are dedicated to supporting whānau with achieving positive change in our community, then we want to hear from you.
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Holding a hui; supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Be involved in planning interventions to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potentially
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Ideal candidate for this role is an experienced Social Worker who has worked in Aotearoa in a similar role a non-governmental organisation (NGO) sector and/or someone who has worked within Oranga Tamariki previously however all experiences and graduates are encouraged to apply
Key requirements of the role include:
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A strong and genuine commitment to strength-based practice
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing skills
- An authentic commitment to working alongside whānau is essential
- Soft skills, emotional empathy, teamwork and leadership.
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
- We welcome senior practitioners to apply
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications close on 1st October 2023!
If you are interested in any of our vacancies, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with our code of conduct as it sets out our expectations for our kaimahi and requires you to present at work free from the influences of both drugs and alcohol."
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.