Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 1 x Permanent, Fulltime position available
- Based at our Hauraki Site, Paeroa
- We're offering a competitive salary starting from $74,839.35 to $90,714.36, depending on experience
About the role at Hauraki | Mō te tūnga ki Hauraki
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Opportunity to work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Holding a hui; supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Be involved in planning interventions to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Empathy, patience, and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience from the child protection sector
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and other plans
- Sound judgement and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough (but supported) decisions
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Great written skills as you will need to write court reports, case notes and other documents
- A positive outlook and supporting nature
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki and Rangatahi.
This position is based in Paeroa in the busy Hauraki District - the gateway to the Coromandel and within easy drive of Waihi Beach, Thames Morrinsville, Te Aroha, rivers, boating, surfing, fishing and tramping. We offer a rural setting with experienced staff and free parking.
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications for this role will close on Tuesday 7th February 2023
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. Many of our roles require our kaimahi to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in line with the COVID-19 Public Health response 2021 and in accordance with Oranga Tamariki's Vaccination Policy.
As an employee with Oranga Tamariki you may also be asked to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption if it is required for the position you have applied for.
If you have any questions around whether vaccination is required for this role please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.