Case Leader - Residential Services (Korowai Manaaki) at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Residential Case Leader
Permanent, Full Time, South Auckland
Our Youth Justice Residence 'Korowai Manaaki" provides a safe, secure and supportive environment where young people who have offended can make changes and get their lives back on track. In addition to maintaining secure facilities, we aim to help rehabilitate young offenders. Case Leaders understand that the causes of offending are complex, and that successfully dealing with young offenders, demands action beyond simple punitive measures.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The main responsibility for our Case Leaders is to ensure interventions, programmes and steps are put in place for tamariki and rangatahi. These plans must address a range of different aspects including underlying criminogenic, behavioural, addiction and health (physical and mental) needs to enable a successful transition out of residential care and into employment, a vocational pathway or a stable external environment.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday with some flexibility to occasionally work additional hours to meet the requirements of your caseload. As a Case Leader you will identify and coordinate a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure rangatahi get the support they need 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This may include leading the programme design and delivery of clinical and therapeutic intervention services, and is a great opportunity to use your knowledge of clinical practice and behavioural therapies to help deliver positive results.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- An undergraduate degree level qualification in psychology, education, social work, nursing (mental health);
- Knowledge of 'Risks Needs Responsivity' (RNR) and practical applications in writing up care plans for rangatahi.
- Experience working with a multi-agency team
- Able to conduct assessments and write court reports
- Culturally responsive practice and a good understanding of tikanga Māori
- Competency in clinical practice and working with adolescents
- Good understanding of the practical application of a range of different ecological and behavioural models
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
- The potential to change lives in a challenging yet rewarding environment
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities for personal and professional growth
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $83,794.50 and $93,105.00 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Applications close 5th February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Case Leader Residential Services - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.