Kaupapa Māori Family Homes Manager at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Nelson - Marlborough
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Upper South Region
- Permanent full-time opportunity available
- Remuneration starting from $118,250.00
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
• We put Tamariki first
• We believe Aroha is vital
• We respect the Mana of people
• We are Tika and Pono
• We value Whakapapa
• We recognise that Oranga is a journey
This is a permanent full-time role that can be based at any of our three Sites in the Upper South Region (Blenheim, Nelson and Greymouth). The successful candidate must have the ability to travel and work across the region.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Family Homes Manager is responsible for the overall management and operation of our Kaupapa Māori Family Homes across the Upper South Region. We are looking for a dynamic manager for our Kaupapa Family Homes Manager position, who will lead the strategic direction of our Kaupapa Māori Family Homes in the Upper South, which in turn will provide high quality support to tamariki and whānau we work closely with.
The role is responsible for developing and maintaining systems and processes for operating the Kaupapa Māori Family Homes and promoting quality improvement in the provision services.
In addition to working closely with tamariki and whānau, this role also collaborates with internal and external partners, such as Social Workers and Site Managers, Hapū, Iwi, Māori Service providers and the community.
Mōu | About you
The Family Homes Manager is a key contributor to the Oranga Tamariki Upper South regional leadership team and will engage across the region, public sector and local community. To be successful in this role you will be;
• Experienced in an operational delivery environment
• A relationship builder, managing across multiple stakeholder environments
• Curious, with strong problem-solving skills
• Connected into our community
To apply for this role, you must demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
• A clean, current drivers' licence
• Knowledge of Māori processes and tikanga and an ability to engage with whānau, hapū and iwi Māori
• Proven successful experience in working with Iwi and community
• Ability to apply the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and the Oranga Tamariki (Children, Young Person's and Their Families) Act 1989
• Understanding of the whānau dynamic in te ao Māori context
• Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular, knowledge of te ao Māori, tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $118,250 - $147,820 dependant on experience and is reflective of leadership qualities.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry, applications close Sunday 12th February 2023!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Nelson - Marlborough|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Family Homes Manager - Position Description - August 2019.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.