Social Worker - National Contact Centre at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- This is a great opportunity for experienced Social Workers to join our National Contact Centre team in Tāmaki Makaurau/ Auckland on a casual basis
- We offer competitive remuneration starting from $74,839.35 to $90,714.36, depending on experience as well as competitive shift allowances.
- A learning culture with focus on continuous improvements
Mō te tūnga | About the role
- This is an exciting opportunity join a dynamic and dedicated after-hours team as part of a 24/7 national child protection service.
- You will respond to critical/very urgent situations and work alongside key partners including the Police, Health (Emergency Department, Crisis Assessment Team), Care Partners and Oranga Tamariki caregivers.
- You will liaise with frontline site Social Workers to co-ordinate and respond to critical situations outside of normal working hours.
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them and their whānau to make decisions/plans at a time of crisis.
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds.
- Complete initial assessments on tamariki, rangatahi and whānau.
- You will work alongside frontline staff to ensure you are briefed on any situations which could potentially arise afterhours, as well as briefing staff on any situations which have arisen, to ensure a smooth handover/transition.
- As part of the role, you will be recording information during each call-out to capture data that can be analysed to inform decisions about the after hour operational needs following the trial.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- The ability to analyse and manage risk (including escalation of risk) and identify the needs of tamariki
- Ability to make tough decisions quickly and in a fast-paced environment including developing initial safety plans
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Great written skills as you will need to write case notes and other documents eg briefing notes for colleagues
- A positive outlook and supporting nature with the ability to work as part of a small team
- A degree of flexibility and agility to respond to an evolving way of working
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact: email@example.com
Please note: Due to our Christmas close down period, we will begin processing applications in the New Year.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.