Social Workers - Porirua at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 3 x Permanent, Fulltime Social Worker vacancies available
- Intake and Assessment, Intervention (Family Group Conference and Support) and Care and/or Permanency focus
- Porirua Location, with remote working negotiable
- Competitive remuneration starting from $74,839.35
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We have social worker vacancies available across all areas of the Porirua site!
In order to make positive changes in the lives of tamariki and whānau in our community, we need people like you who have knowledge, experience and are passionate about the wellbeing of tamariki. Join a team with big hearts and a passion for getting things right for its tamariki, rangatahi and community. You can be part of a positive and supportive team and help tamariki and rangatahi be safe, strong and to thrive.
In this fast-paced role, you will work with other social services, agencies and providers to ensure the needs of the child or young person and their whānau are met. Porirua site has been on an exciting journey in terms of actively seeking greater collaboration and co-location opportunities with key partner agencies, this includes but is not restricted to mana whenua Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira.
If you think you have what it takes, and are dedicated to achieving positive change for tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau in the community of Porirua, then we want to hear from you.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing skills
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $74,839.35 and $90,714.36 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Tamariki has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com
Hurry, applications close Friday 10th February 2023!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.