Executive Assistant at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Executive Assistant to General Manager Practice
- Fulltime, permanent opportunity based in in Wellington
- Utilise your skills in a role that supports better outcomes for tamariki
We have a busy, interesting role where you will have the opportunity to support the General Manager Practice as part of the team leading social work practice design, advice and expertise within Te Kounga o te Mahi me ngā Wheako (Quality Practice and Experiences) for Oranga Tamariki.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
About Te Kounga o Te Mahi (Quality Practice and Experiences)
Te Kounga o Te Mahi rōpū contributes to the vision of Oranga Tamariki by enabling and supporting high performing and trusted practice alongside our partners which strengthens the oranga of tamariki in the context of their whakapapa. The role and functions of the Practice teams within Te Kounga o Te Mahi are to support and enhance the quality of professional practice that is framed in Te Tiriti o Waitangi and drawn from Te Ao Māori principles of oranga through the provision of practice-related advice, the design and enhancement of practice frameworks, models and tools, and contributing to the design of major new areas of practice.
We are a motivated, dynamic and supportive team managing a diverse, complex and ever-changing programme of work. We offer a challenging and friendly environment with plenty of opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This is a new role and is intended to provide quality and comprehensive executive assistant support to the General Manager Practice, enabling them to undertake their role effectively and efficiently. This is achieved by supporting the General Manager Practice, ensuring their day-to-day work activities are well managed. You will also be a trusted link between the General Manager, the wider team and organisation, helping to ensure that the overall strategic goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently.
Supporting the General Manager Practice requires working in a fast-paced environment and as their Executive Assistant you will need to respond quickly and effectively. Your core responsibilities include:
- Providing proactive and efficient diary and correspondence (including email) management
- Supporting the GM and ensuring their day-to-day work activities are managed effectively, including the ability to proactively identify and manage priorities and risks.
- Exercising discretion and initiative to enable information to flow efficiently between your manager and the organisation.
- Supporting the wider Executive Assistant and Team Administrators in the Business Group in a proactive and collaborative way, acting as a key point of contact and trusted team member.
- Meeting management, organising events, booking travel and accommodation
- Manage finance and invoice processing
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include but are not limited to:
- Commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi | The Treaty of Waitangi
- Proven experience and achievement in an executive support role or a highly skilled and experienced PA looking to step up to the next level.
- Wide ranging knowledge of administration systems and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of working within a government agency is preferrable.
- Being highly organised, with the ability to manage multiple items while maintaining high levels of attention to detail.
- A pragmatic and solutions focused approach to effectively manage or escalate relevant information to senior leaders as needed
- Having a high level of integrity, professionalism, and discretion
- Bringing excellent IT skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite
- Thriving in an environment that requires a high level of discretion, sensitivity, and interpersonal interaction
- Bringing an understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns and knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pasifika.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a team environment where embracing, understanding and applying Te Ao Māori within our mahi is central. Oranga Tamariki offers an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $62,370.90 to $69,301.00 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to oranga (wellbeing). We offer professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
This role includes:
- A rewarding career where you will work in a values-based role which is truly making a difference
- The opportunity to work in a team committed to embedding tikanga based practices into the social work process within Oranga Tamariki to improve outcomes for Māori
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Application close date: 17th January 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Executive Assistant GM Practice - Position Description .pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.