Co-ordinator Youth Justice at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent opportunity
- Auckland - Te Tai Tokerau regions
- Competitive salary ranging between $73,440 to $91,800 (depending on experience)
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children currently have an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator - Youth Justice to join our Auckland based team on a Permanent Basis. A passionate and innovative team where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $73,440.00 and $91,800.00 dependent on experience.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values.
Covering both the Auckland and Te Tai Tokerau regions, this role will see you working as an integrated part of our community and will require flexibility in terms of location and going where the demand and need is. You will be managing Youth Justice within our processes. A joined-up approach will be practiced in supporting our tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau supporting decisions are delivered to the best interest of our tamariki and rangatahi. You will also be responsible in engaging with mokopuna and their whānau through providing professional support.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be a dynamic, agile and fast paced coordinator who has a well-developed experience in front line delivery and the ability to build strong strategic relationships. Having the ability to influence and motivate transformative change within a complex environment will be the key to your success. Having resilience, and to be self-motivated will be advantageous.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Strong community networks with an ability to connect well & build strong trusting relationships with Tamariki/Rangatahi, Whanau and Community
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to plan, identify appropriate supports and apply relevant FGC standards and practices throughout this process
- Ability to self-direct and manage own workload with clear communication - including strong report writing skills
- Champion the principles of the Oranga Tamariki Maori Cultural Framework and have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- A valid and clean New Zealand's drivers' licence
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi. To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this role close Thursday 2nd of February 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.