Tamariki and Rangatahi Support Workers at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Make a difference for tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau
- Join a supportive team who has each other's backs every step of the way
- Based across Tamaki Makaurau
- We're offering an hourly rate of $23.65ph
- Several casual vacancies available!
About the role | Mō te tūnga
We are seeking casual children's workers in the Auckland area to provide transporting and support services to tamariki and rangatahi. The key tasks would include driving, minding, escorting, mentoring and providing supervised contact for children and young people.
Your duties will include:
- One on one mentoring and motivating our tamariki and rangatahi to reach their best potential and achieve specific goals
- Assist our Social Workers on a case-by-case basis, duties include transporting our tamariki and rangatahi to appointments, activities and schools.
- Escorting (with a social worker) rangatahi to Court and residential placements
- Supervising their visits at a variety of venues with parents, whanau and/or siblings, and writing observational reports
Generally, the hours you would be scheduled to work will be between 7.30am - 7.30pm Monday to Sunday with the flexibility to work outside these hours occasionally. You don't need to be available for the entire period of time, but you need to have flexibility and able to work on short notice for majority of the time. We are especially looking for people who can commit to transporting children to and from school 5 days per week.
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
- A work life balance
- An opportunity to make a bit of extra money
- A close-knit team who love to get together
- Supportive working environment
- Many training opportunities, Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), Trauma, Behavioural
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience working with youth
- A clean, current, full driver's licence
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Flexibility in working different hours and days at short notice
- Life experience to be able to share and mentor on
- The ability to work in New Zealand
- Open and adaptable to an environment that is always changing
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications for these roles will close on Wednesday 8th February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Resource Worker PD 160518.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.