Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, full-time Social Worker vacancy available at our Westgate Site, Tāmaki Makaurau
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $74,839.35 and $90,714.36 dependant on experience.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Holding a hui; supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Be involved in planning interventions to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Ideal candidate for this role is an experiences Social Worker who has worked in Aotearoa in a similar role a non-governmental organisation (NGO) sector and/or someone who has worked within Oranga Tamariki previously.
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience from the child protection sector
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and other plans e.g. financial
- Sound judgement and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Great written skills as you will need to write court reports, case notes and other documents
- A positive outlook and supporting nature
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this role will close on Tuesday 31st January 2023
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. Many of our roles require our kaimahi to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in line with the COVID-19 Public Health response 2021 and in accordance with Oranga Tamariki's Vaccination Policy.
As an employee with Oranga Tamariki you may also be asked to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption if it is required for the position you have applied for.
If you have any questions around whether vaccination is required for this role please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.