Care and Protection Coordinator - Parental Leave Cover at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
• 12-Month Parental Leave cover opportunity available - Ends March 2024
• Based in the Sydenham Site - however will be working across all Christchurch sites
• Remuneration between $73,440 - $91,800
Do you want to play an important role in securing a better pathway for our tamariki and whanau? Join a supportive team at our site and grow your coordination experience to new heights. A unique and exciting opportunity to work with and contribute to the outcomes of our tamariki.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
• We put Tamariki first
• We believe Aroha is vital
• We respect the Mana of people
• We are Tika and Pono
• We value Whakapapa
• We recognise that Oranga is a journey
The Care and Protection Coordinator - Family Group Conference (FGC) provides a valuable forum for whānau, hapu, iwi and professionals to come together to create safety and care solutions for tamariki.The focus is on family led decisions that support whānau to develop positive outcomes for their tamariki and working with community partners to ensure that they provide support to whanau in caring for their tamariki. This role will be based at our Papanui site, however working across sites within the Canterbury region will be required.
For this to be successful, it requires comprehensive consultation and preparation. You will need to be highly organised; deadline driven and have a culturally sensitive and aware approach towards people in the process - all whilst keeping tamariki at the heart of everything you do.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
• Strong facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Experience / qualifications in social services
• Demonstrated successful experience in working with Maori and with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• A minimum basic level understanding of Te Reo Māori, views and tikanga.
• Experience in working with the community and established community knowledge and networks.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to write reports and plans to a high standard.
• Excellent Problem-solving and experience in making judgement calls when necessary
• Integrity in working with whānau and with internal colleagues and community members
• Ability to work as part of a team and add support as and where needed
• An open mind and want to go above and beyond what is in your job description
• Full clean Drivers' licence.
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki.
• A salary range between $73,440 - $91,800
• A great, supportive team environment who will welcome you with open arms
• Regular supervision, training, and career development opportunities
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter outlining your strengths and experiences against the 'position competencies' in the position description, where applicable.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
Applications close: 12th February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Care and Protection Coordinator Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.