Supervisor Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time opportunity available
- Based in Grey Lynn, Auckland
- $103,785 - $125,800 per annum, dependent on experience
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
We are committed to putting children first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role requires a passion to actively keep tamariki in the hearts and minds of everything we do.
You will apply the principles of mana tamaiti, whakapapa and whanaungatanga to your practice, to ensure you are responsive to tamariki and whānau Māori. It's more than a job, it's an opportunity to improve the lived experiences of tamariki and their caregiving communities. We recognise the importance of Kaimahi ora (staff wellbeing) and are committed to ensuring you receive regular supervision and take the necessary breaks needed to restore Oranga and wellbeing.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their family/whānau to make positive changes
- Work alongside various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete assessments on the child, young person, and family/whanau and develop & implement an intervention plan
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Transition children and young people back to their families/whānau or into their forever home
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts from $103,785 dependent on experience.
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way.
This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this role close on 2nd February 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.