21/683 Senior Project Manager at Department of Internal Affairs, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Location: Wellington but will consider candidates Nationwide
Business Group: Technology Services and Solutions
Branch: Organisational Capability and Services
Salary: $110,312 - $149,245
Senior Project Manager:
Have you managed the successfully delivery of complex or critical projects?
Can you manage any organisational change necessary to achieve project goals and ensure this is understood by all stakeholders?
If you thrive on cutting edge projects, want a genuine challenge, and knowing that what you do, you do for the good of New Zealand, the Department of Internal Affairs would very much like to hear from you.
The delivery of projects sits within the Business Change Unit and is a Business Unit within Organisational Capability and Services. Organisational Capability and Services is a branch dedicated to supporting the rest of the Department to succeed by providing corporate services that help business groups and people within DIA to make the best contribution to New Zealand
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years project management experience
- Extensive experience at a senior level in a variety of project management and business transformation assignments in government
- Experience in cross-agencies managed projects, property and/or business change projects
- Ability to cope with a high degree of ambiguity, uncertainty and change, and balance multiple deliverables.
- Highly effective stakeholder management skills and experience in managing cross-sector stakeholders.
- Vendor management experience
- PMP/PRINCE2 certified or equivalent
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We value diversity and inclusion and the different perspectives this brings to enriching our workforce, the way we engage with our stakeholders and deliver our projects. Come and discover genuine job satisfaction by helping us deliver even better services to New Zealand.
What you'll get in return
A good work life balance, flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to work with a high performing and growing team on a range of strategic initiatives, technology, digital, property and business change projects. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews may take place prior to the close date. So, apply without delay.
Internal Affairs has a vaccination policy and employment with the Department is conditional on being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass. Consideration will be given to whether medical or other genuine exemptions can be accommodated in individual cases.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 13 February 2022
For more information please contact: Deanna Hughes; Manager Project Delivery at Deanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.