Business Improvement Specialist at New Zealand Post, Hamilton/Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
NZ Post is an iconic organisation with a rich history and bright future. We're in the midst of transformational change as we disrupt our industry on our quest to be the #1 delivery partner for e-commerce. It's an exciting time to join.
Our Strategy & Excellence Operational team have responded to our changing environment by making the most of our potential opportunities. We are acting now and aligning to the strategic direction of our business. This new way of operating will enable a collaborative model combining strong operational line management with end to end process expertise.
Right now, we are seeking applications for an experienced Business Improvement Specialist to join the team. You could be based anywhere in NZ to succeed in this role.
About the Strategy & Excellence Operational Team
NZ Post operates an integrated network where items are delivered safely, in the most cost-effective and profitable manner based on the class of service the customer has paid for. The Strategy and Operational Excellence team are responsible for ensuring that the capabilities for this are defined, built and maintained in such a way that decentralised operations can utilise these to meet the defined service, safety and cost outcomes.
About the Role
The main purpose of the Business Improvement Specialist role is to facilitate problem solving activity across the network, enabling identification of root causes and effective scoping & implementation of improvement initiatives. You'll also promote a culture of operational excellence through enabling effective collaboration across teams and empowering local teams to own and drive business improvement, alongside supporting/training/coaching local improvement specialists to uplift improvement capability in local offices.
Specific Accountabilities are;
- Working across all levels of the organisation, provide coaching and support across the network empowering and enabling improvement practices
- Proactively identify, scope and lead initiatives to improve processes and lift business performance.
- Lead analysis of operational performance identifying both areas of concern to alleviate and good practices to share across the network
- Ensure benefits and outcomes of improvement initiatives are monitored, measured and managed.
- Support implementation of Process Engineering, Operational Excellence and MOS frameworks.
You'll need to have an advanced level Continuous Improvement qualification such as Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification alongside qualifications in business management, operational management or business-related discipline or similar work experience. Though not essential, a Data Analytics qualification or certificate and Financial acumen is desirable.
In addition, ideally you will bring the following skills and experience;
- Expertise in Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies e.g. Lean Six Sigma and extensive work experience leading application of CI methodologies and associated tools
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring personnel from the frontlines to senior leaders in Continuous Improvement methodologies to enhance overall organisational capability
- Strong problem solving and data analysis capabilities with demonstrated experience in root cause problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in development and reporting of initiative pipeline in line with strategic targets and effective communication of this to leadership groups
- Highly skilled at MS Office applications especially in use of MS Excel for data analysis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills and innate ability to foster strong working relationships.
This role offers salary plus healthcare, flexible working + other benefits, and the opportunity to learn from the best and develop your career within our transforming organisation.
Interested? Come and join the whanau!
Have a look at the JD on the careers site for more detail on the role, and if this sounds like you, we'd love to see your application. We are only accepting applications via www.jobs.nzpost.co.nz where you will find a JD and can upload your CV and covering letter. Contact Olivia Jacobs on firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 604 6834 for further questions.
Applications close on 7 December 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis.
NZ Post has adopted a goal of a fully vaccinated workplace.All applicants will also be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a security and credit check and may be required to undertake a drug test.
There's something really special about being part of the team here at NZ Post - Tukurau Aotearoa, who we are and what we stand for is grounded in our values.
We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Post|
|Attachment:||Final SOE - Operational Excellence Specialist CSD - Aug 21 (1).pdf (PDF, 398KB)
Final SOE - Operational Excellence Specialist CSD - Aug 21 (1).pdf (PDF, 398KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.