Team Leader - Operations at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We have an opportunity for an experienced and operationally focused professional to join our Care Team. This is a full-time opportunity, which requires the ability to work across weekends.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
• We put Tamariki first
• We believe Aroha is vital
• We respect the Mana of people
• We are Tika and Pono
• We value Whakapapa
• We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Team Leader Operations is an integral part of the Residential Leadership Team. As the Team Leader Operations, you will lead a team that is passionate about positively changing the course or pathway a young person is travelling on. You will provide unwavering, supportive team management and leadership whilst ensuring the safety and security of everyone in the residence is maintained at all times.
Responsibilities for the role include:
• Providing support and leadership to operational delivery and strategic vision for the residence and community homes
• Maintaining and nurturing relationships with local Iwi, community groups and key agencies
• Ensuring residential staff training and supervision requirements are met
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
You will be committed to leading by example at all times, enjoy working collaboratively and motivated by building strong, open relationships. This opportunity also requires the ability to work across weekends.
In addition to this you will have the following skills and experiences:
• The ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and work as one team including iwi and whānau, team, staff, leadership and management
• Proven ability to quickly build rapport with tamariki and whānau
• Ability to navigate ambiguous and complex situations
• Ability to lead and implement change initiatives
• Risk management experience, within a complex regulatory environment
• Demonstrated commitment to and respect for the Tiriti o Waitangi and incorporate this into your work, with an understanding and application of Tikanga Māori
• Relevant experience working with at-risk children or youth or a qualification in youth work, sport and recreation, education, health, or psychology is preferred
• A full, clean NZ driver's licence is essential
• Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through. Annual remuneration for this position is between $103,000 and $114,000 dependent on experience, with tenure-based progression steps available above this range. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Applications Close: 1st October 2023
If you are interested in any of our vacancies, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with our code of conduct as it sets out our expectations for our kaimahi and requires you to present at work free from the influences of both drugs and alcohol.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Team Leader Operations - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.