Supervisor Caregiver at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent opportunity based in South Auckland.
- We are looking for a skilled and passionate leader to join us and make a positive difference!
If you are an energetic leader who is looking to make a difference leading a team, then we want to hear from you!
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our caregiving whānau are an important part of our team. As a Caregiver Recruitment and Support Supervisor, you will lead a team that is focused on ensuring our caregivers are valued and supported.
Leading a team of social workers, you will uphold best practice and adhere to providing the best possible delivery of service that we pride ourselves on. You will focus on supporting social workers through every step of the caregiver journey from applications and assessments, to training and preparation, as well as on-going support. You will be able to quickly work through complex information to support social workers to make safe and evidence-based decisions about caregiver assessments and support needs and provide advice that is trusted and valued by your team.
The Caregiver Recruitment and Support team is on a fast paced and exciting journey to build a service that will ensure caregiving whanau are supported to provide the best possible care to tamariki & rangatahi. Having a passion for care, you will be a motivating and inspiring leader, able to prioritise and manage workflow demands, be skilled at managing HR situations, as well as be able to develop your team's capability and capacity through sound leadership and practice guidance.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- A social work qualification recognised by the New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- Full registration with SWRB and current practicing certificate
- Sound statutory social work knowledge and practice
- Experience with people management, including coaching and mentoring
- Strong relationship building experience across communities
- A current, full, clean New Zealand driver's licence
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude to make a difference with the resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Strong cultural competency and confident in working in a Te Ao Māori manner
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, Te Tiriti O Waitangi and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $107,786 and $129,801 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Friday 29th September 2023
Our code of conduct requires our employees to remain free from the influences of drugs and alcohol whilst at work.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Caregiver Social Worker Supervisor - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.