Senior People Advisor at New Zealand Post, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior People Advisor
- Hybrid working - combo of home and office (Highbrook, East Tamaki)
- Be part of a highly supportive and collegial team
- Opportunity to take your HR career to the next level
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Working as part of a team of HR professionals (Senior People Advisors, People Advisors and People Coordinators, supported by a Manager), you'll provide advice, guidance and support to our business leaders across a wide range of HR issues and requests, but a core focus of the role is around employment relationship matters.
With ownership of these matters, you'll be dealing with anything from investigations, to allegations of misconduct through to complaints and performance concerns and everything else in between. You'll see these through to resolution and be kept busy with the variety that our workforce has to offer with varying levels of complexity as well.
You'll also get involved in projects like change management and policy reviews as well as assisting with any other HR programmes or initiatives.
Mōu - About you
As an experienced HR Advisor with a solid 5 years' plus under your belt, you'll be looking for your next challenge, and the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in ER matters.
You'll couple this with
- The ability to have courageous conversations and not be afraid to push back when required
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to write in plain English and produce solid documentation reflecting the nuances of each case
- A mature outlook and some gravitas when it comes to HR and ER issues and the ability to find win / win solutions
- Enjoy working in fast paced, busy and complex environments
- Good working knowledge of HR policies, processes and practice
- Experience in working in a unionised environment would certainly help
Most importantly you'll possess a keen interest in ER matters and want to get your teeth stuck in and support the business and our teams to good resolutions.
Mō te Tukurau Aotearoa - About NZ Post
NZ Post is an iconic organisation with a rich history and bright future. We're in the midst of transformational change as we disrupt our industry on our quest to be the #1 delivery partner for e-commerce. It's an exciting time to join.
He Aha Te Pai - What you'll love about us!
Alongside the opportunity to work with a team passionate about delivering, our permanent employees enjoy a wide variety of benefits including:
- Access to discounted health insurance plans for you and your family
- Special rates on fantastic holiday home accommodation around New Zealand
- Up to 4% Kiwisaver employer contribution
- Retail shopping discounts with our partners
- An Employee Assistance programme to support you when you need it
- Plus more!!
Hiahia? - Interested? Come and join the whanau!
Bring your passion for creating great people outcomes to the team at NZ Post. If this sounds like your next career move, apply today. If you require additional information, contact Michele Christie (Talent Acquisition Specialist) on 022 087 5195
Applications for this position close on 10 December 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of NZ Post, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
All applicants will also be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Appointees will be subject to a security and credit check and may be required to undertake a drug test.
If you're interested in a role, please apply directly through our online portal. Our team of experienced in-house recruiters is the glue between our business and finding the right person for the role and we therefore won't consider candidates through agencies (unless previously arranged).
There's something really special about being part of the team here at NZ Post - Tukurau Aotearoa, who we are and what we stand for is grounded in our values.
We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Post|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Senior Human Resources Advisor.pdf (PDF, 216KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.