Social worker - Caregiver at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanant full time position based in South Auckland
- Making a tangible difference to the experience and outcomes of tamariki and young persons in Aotearoa.
Mō mātou | About us:
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Mō te tūnga | About the role:
Caregivers take on a critically important role in the lives of tamariki who cannot live safely at home. As a Caregiver Social Worker, you will partner closely with our caregivers to help them understand the role they play at each stage of a child's journey through care. With your strong relationship management skills and commitment to providing tailored support, you will ensure that our caregivers are well prepared with the resources, skills and information that they need to provide nurturing, safe and stable homes for tamariki. As part of your work, you will build relationships with and support whānau and non-whānau caregivers, emergency and respite caregivers and long-term caregivers.
The role of a Caregiver Social Worker is varied and deeply rewarding, with the opportunity to deliver tangible and meaningful benefits to your community. You will work as a team with the child's Social Worker to identify key or underlying issues and develop creative, individually tailored strategies that provide cohesive support from all angles to facilitate great outcomes for tamariki who need caring for. Where required, you will also work with other agencies, community groups and providers to ensure the needs of our caregivers are met.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board (SWRB)
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board and an annual practicing certificate (or the ability to gain registration with the SWRB)
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Passion and vision for caregivers and what they need to succeed
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand's driver's licence
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you:
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $81K - $97K dependant on experience, with tenure-based progression steps above this range.
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way.
This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi. To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz /working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply:
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com.
Applications Close: 19th February 2024
If you are interested in any of our vacancies, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with our code of conduct as it sets out our expectations for our kaimahi and requires you to present at work free from the influences of both drugs and alcohol.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children
|Ongoing - Full Time
|No File Attached
|Social Worker YJ - Position Description 2023.pdf
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.