Business Analyst at Electoral Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We have a twelve-month fixed-term full time position available at Electoral Commission, this offers:
- Opportunity to help shape the Commissions' operations
- Flexible and supportive environment
- Wellington CBD Location
About the role | Mō tone tūranga mahi
As the Electoral Commission continues to grow in the lead up to the 2023 General Election, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Operations Group.
The Business Analyst plays a key role in ensuring effective business operations through well-focused planning and delivery of the requirements for successful events and projects.
About you | Mōhou ake
- Demonstrated expertise in building relationships with a diverse range of internal stakeholders and SMEs.
- Analytical skills and excellent judgement, ability to bring information and data together to tell the story of the project to stakeholders and senior executives.
- Customer centric approach and experience.
- Comfortable applying business analysis methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Knowing how to improve processes and design productivity improvements and experience in the business improvement methodologies.
- Comfort with and excellence in a broad range of workshop facilitation tools and techniques.
- Driving for results, even in a tight timeframe.
- Ideally have had previous experience of NZ government business environment.
What you'll be doing | He aha tāu e mahi ana
The successful candidate will be focusing on planning for the delivery of the 2023 General Election and the related projects. This will include responsibility for:
- Delivering business analysis components for the Enrolment and Community Engagement, including the public enquiries services.
- Developing robust and easy to understand outputs to stakeholders and managers.
- Updating business processes, forms and correspondence.
- Data analysis and impact assessment to support prioritisation and decision making.
- Identifying improvement opportunities, gathering data and information to understand the current state, clarifying root causes and requirements, and developing future state processes to implement solutions with SMEs and key stakeholders.
- Working with Business Analysts in the team to grow the capability.
You will ideally have experience in service delivery and working in the business operations environment.
What you'll need to succeed | Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or at least 3 years Business Analysis experience.
- Experience as a Business Analyst in a business operations environment.
- Well-developed analytical skill with a keen eye for detail and the desire to probe deeper into data with the ability to formulate well-reasoned solutions.
- Disciplined, systematic approach to work with an ability to prioritise.
- Experienced in the translation of policy into practice and business planning.
- High-level of computer literacy and standard communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of business partners and subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of and experience on contact centre activities is advantageous.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued, and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
Apply now | Tono ināianei
Click 'apply now!' at the bottom of this page to apply for this position. Applications close on Tuesday 31 January 2023.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Business Analyst III September 2022.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.