Systems Administrator at Electoral Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Join the Electoral Commission in an energetic, progressive team in the role of Systems Administrator. This role offers; exposure, career progression and an opportunity to gain experience within a supportive team and environment. This role is highly flexible and can be adjusted to suit the working requirements for the right candidate.
You'll have a solid technical knowledge and practical experience in Microsoft based enterprise environment, undertaking systems administration, desktop engineering and/or systems analysis activities, including;
- Acting as frontline for the Commission, managing, and assisting with service desk tasks, and application support where appropriate.
- Being the first point of contact for remedial and preventative maintenance services - first and second level support.
- Providing system and Windows client/server administration services to ensure the efficient and continuous operation of the Commission.
- Providing remedial and preventative maintenance services for the Commission's systems.
Goes without saying…. must have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and at least 4 years' work experience
- An enthusiasm for working in a supportive team environment where everyone's contributions and ideas are valued
- High level of technical experience including multi-factor authentication, Microsoft windows, Office365, Azure, InTune and Teams, Android and IOS, Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
- ITIL and Microsoft qualification is an advantage.
- A great attitude, flexibility and proactive approach
- A courteous and confident communication style
- Ability to work both in-person and remotely
- A strong customer focus
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is; therefore, we support a family-friendly atmosphere. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do. We offer a competitive salary and flexible working conditions.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
For more information or to apply for this role click apply now to be taken to our Careers Site. All applications must be made online through our careers site.
Applications close on Friday 3 February 2023.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||FINAL - Systems Administrator Position Description (Nov 2022).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.