Solutions Architect at Electoral Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
The Electoral Commission is looking for a Solutions Architect to join the Information Technology team on a permanent basis. You will be part of a great, supportive and fun team that is dedicated to ensuring the Commission's IT solutions run smoothly and securely so that it can deliver excellent services to the public.
The position will report to the Chief Information Officer and will be responsible for providing technical leadership, guidance and direction on the design, development, desktop operating environment, security, infrastructure, testing and implementation functions of the Commission's information management systems.
About you | Mōhou ake
You will enjoy working on a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment, will have a drive to deliver and an ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of people across all levels. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences as well as broad architecture skills in several domains including depth in Azure Cloud and security domain.
What you'll be doing | He aha tāu e mahi ana
- Aligning IT solutions with the Commission's business strategic direction and work programme
- Ensuring various assigned application development and IT infrastructure projects are delivered according to time, cost and quality standards or goals
- Managing project-related procurement, including the development and evaluation of business cases, RFPs, contract negotiations, vendor performance and cost management
- Managing project-related testing of IT infrastructure, applications and websites
- The Design and implementation of information system security controls in conjunction with third party vendors
- Providing high level technical design and solution architecture documentation
- Leading IT risk management processes
- Implementing and maintaining agile practices to support the delivery of solutions
What you'll need to succeed | Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience with a wide variety of infrastructure and applications projects.
- Ability to influence action and behavioural change with expert negotiating skills.
- Experience in successfully managing a number of large and complex application development or infrastructure projects.
- Familiarity with business process re-engineering concepts and techniques using new IT technology.
- Solid understanding of best practice IT procurement and contract management processes within the Public Sector, including preparation and evaluation of Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals.
- Understanding of relevant industry and public sector IT strategies and standards.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of cyber security policies and procedures that meet relevant Government and industry standards.
- Knowledge and experience in TOGAF and/or SAPSA peferable.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
To apply, please click "Apply now!".
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Solutions Architect Position Description (Nov 2022).docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.