Programme Delivery Manager at The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Tēnā koe. Nau mai ki te Kuratini Tuwhera.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Programme Delivery Manager
We are looking for someone to join our leadership team - flexible work options will be considered.
Reporting to the Manager Learning & Teaching, the Programme Delivery Manager (PDM) will lead and manage the delivery of a portfolio of programmes in our teacher education suite. Reporting to PDMs are our Academic Staff Members.
The allocation of learning and teaching activities to staff is a primary function of the PDM's role, along with the monitoring and improvement of course and programme performance.
You will work collaboratively as part of a team of Programme Delivery Managers to ensure the highest standards of learning, teaching and research activity are attained.
If you have the following qualification, skills and experience we would like to hear from you.
- Knowledge of Mātauranga Māori, understanding and knowledge of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and some proficiency in Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori
- Well-developed communication skills with the experience to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders through advocacy, negotiation, and collaboration
- Proven successful team management experience including remote management
- Experience driving strategic change
- An understanding of the current tertiary education sector including knowledge and experience of trends in distance education and digital learning
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility to work with peers in a collegial, constructive manner
- A degree level qualification is essential, a higher qualification would be desirable
Ngā pūkenga mo te tūnga | What you will bring to the role
You will have a passion for impacting the lives of everyday people and seeing them achieve their educational goals and dreams. You will also constantly be striving to be the best you can be, just as our students do and you pride yourself on the quality of your work.
Mō mātou | About us
The Kuratini Tuwhera is Aotearoa New Zealand's leading distance and online learning provider with an enviable reputation in the vocational sector. We are a business entity within Te Pūkenga (New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology). We specialise in taking the learning to our students, focusing on enabling the success of approximately 35,000 students each year. We're a place where you can make a difference.
We offer a wide range of learning disciplines from Real Estate to Social Work, Construction and Education. From our Academic Staff Members to our Student Journey Centre, we ensure our students are at the heart of everything we do, every step of the way.
Ngā hua o tō tomo mai ki a mātou - Why you should join our team
We offer our people, free car parking on campus, flexible working options (including some working from home), a modernised working environment, subsidised school holiday programmes for your children, free fitness classes, and an on-site café.
We are proud of our kaimahi and value every contribution from all of our people.
Tono mai | Apply now
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Applications must be submitted online via our career's website. Contact Anne.Dobie@Openpolytechnic.ac.nz with any questions about the role. Applications close 11.00pm on Monday 30 January 2023.
Noho ora mai. Tēnā koe.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.