Executive Assistant to the Director - National Security Systems Directorate at Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ko wai mātou | About us
The National Security Group within the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet provides leadership across New Zealand's 'all hazards - all risks' national security community to strengthen national resilience, develop situational understanding, and improve coordination and collaboration on nationally significant issues.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
As an overview, the National Security Systems Directorate (NSSD), leads, coordinates and supports strategic crisis management arrangements that seek to deliver a secure and resilient New Zealand.
Within this Directorate, the Executive Assistant's role is to efficiently manage the NSS Director's working day through providing high quality support that enables the Director to fully meet the demands of their position.
This position also encompasses providing support across the wider National Security Group, particularly the National Security Workforce Team, the NSSD staff and any activation of the ODESC System with providing both administrative and logistical support.
Primary activities of the role will include:
- Providing comprehensive support and assistance to the Director.
- Managing appointments in a logical order for the director.
- Booking meeting arrangements are handled with diplomacy and within security requirements.
- Documents and correspondence are reviewed for presentation and accuracy.
- Correspondence is dealt with expeditiously; follow-up action is taken.
- Taking the lead in arrangements for travel overseas or within New Zealand.
A full job description is attached.
Ko wai koe | About you
We select on capability and welcome a wide range of applications where the candidate can demonstrate experience in the following:
- Providing high level administrative support to a senior manager.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work with speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, reprioritise and react to issues that arise during the day whilst keeping calm and professional in demanding situations.
- Familiarity with the protocols and processes required when working with highly classified material.
- Ability to work within procedures (especially security procedures), accommodate changing requirements and priorities, respond promptly to requests, and work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of the machinery of government is desired but not essential.
Ta matou e tuku | What we offer
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We welcome diversity, in all its forms, in fact we believe it is a strength.
All DPMC roles are flexible by default and a positive work life balance is encouraged.
To be eligible for this position, you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must also be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15-year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Me pehea te tono | How to apply
Click on the APPLY button above in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 26 March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||NSG - 2023 - EA to Director JD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.