HQ Support Officers - Overseas Operations at Electoral Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be part of the biggest event in 2023: New Zealand's General Election
- Interesting & varied work
- Casual role | competitive $$ hourly rate
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
An exciting opportunity to be part of and contribute to the delivery of successful voting services for the 2023 General Election and be part of our overseas operations team based in Lower Hutt.
An interesting and varied role for administration professionals looking for casual work. You will be part of our centralised processing team and deliver voting services to voters who are overseas, in remote locations and those who use our dictation service.
This role is responsible for providing administrative support to the Overseas Operations Managers ensuring the smooth operation of the administration functions. The work includes supporting vote issuing, vote receipt, assisting with enquires from overseas voters and providing assistance with recruitment and logistics functions, as well as post-election processing and the official count.
About you | Mōhou ake
You will be an experienced, flexible and customer focused problem solver, with excellent planning and organisational skills. You will have the ability to work well under pressure, an eye for detail and display good judgement, while being able to follow instructions. Previous elections experience would be an advantage.
What you'll be doing | He aha tāu e mahi ana
- Provide administrative support to the Overseas Operations Managers
- Ensure the confidentiality and secrecy of voter information and their votes by following proper procedure at all times
- Have the opportunity to work on tasks across multiple workstreams such as recruitment, training, vote processing, voter support or logistics
- Take responsibility for and work as part of a team to ensure all objectives and deadlines within those workstreams are met.
What you'll need to succeed | Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū
You will need:
- Computer literacy with the Microsoft suite and the ability to quickly learn election-based IT systems
- Excellent communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
- Data entry & problem solving skills
- A positive attitude and a willingness to 'get stuck in'
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team that is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team that is here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
To apply, please click "Apply now!".
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Position Description - HQ Support Officer - Overseas Operations.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.