Advisor, People and Culture at Electoral Commission, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Flexible/ remote location
- Great secondment or 7-9 month fixed term opportunity
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
As the Electoral Commission continues to grow in the lead-up to the 2023 General Election, we have a fixed term Advisor, People and Culture role which is a flexible/remote location. You will be supporting our people managers based in Auckland delivering the 2023 elections with advice and guidance about all P&C related matters. It is a great chance to be part of and contribute to the delivery of the 2023 General Election that is important for all New Zealanders.
About you | Mōhou ake
You will have a broad generalist background in a similar Advisory role, with sound knowledge of New Zealand employment legislation. You will have a "can do" attitude and be passionate about creating and building connections across all levels of the organisation. You will be practical and logical and thrive supporting the business. Delivering professional, timely service is important to you. You love to get involved and support the team, taking an active role and contributing to the culture of our team.
What you'll be doing | He aha tāu e mahi ana
- Provide sound and credible advice, guidance, coaching and support to people managers on employment and relationship matters with support from the rest of the HR/ER Advisory team.
- Provide timely, high quality, evidence-based information documentation and advice
- Participate in projects, special assignment, investigations and inspections as may be required
- Work with other Enterprise Services team members, provide advice and guidance to managers as required to ensure the Commission recruits, develops and retains the capabilities required
What you'll need to succeed | Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū
- At least 3 years of experience at the HR/ER advisory level
- Exceptional relationship management, verbal, and written communications skills
- A willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Knowledge of people systems and recruitment tools
- A passion for people and for coaching people managers to be the best leaders.
- A good understanding of partnerships with Māori and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
To apply, please click "Apply now!".
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||advisor+people+&+culture+position+description+feb+2023 (1).docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.