Project Support Officer at Electoral Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
Conducting a general election is a large logistical exercise requiring the procurement, management and delivery of hundreds of items throughout New Zealand.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small, dedicated team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda.
About you | Mōhou ake
- Strong organisational skills
- Sound working knowledge of MS systems and strong keyboard skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including minute-taking
- The ability to work independently and to show guided initiative
- Knowledge/awareness of different cultures
- High level of flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Confidence to work with diverse group of stakeholders
What you'll be doing | He aha tāu e mahi ana
As part of the Voting Services team, you will contribute to the successful delivery of electoral events by leading the supplies project. You will work with the Project Leader (Equipment and Supplies) to assist with:
- Actively participating in project teams and providing efficient and effective support to Project Leaders
- Designing, developing, testing and procuring new and existing supplies
- Overseeing the ongoing management and distribution of supplies as part of delivery
- Ensuring supplies and logistics related processes are well-designed and easy to follow
- Providing administrative support where required
What you'll need to succeed | Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū
- Be a pragmatic person with a "can-do" attitude
- Be enthusiastic and team-focused
- Be able to work with a range of people from inside and outside the Electoral Commission
- Strong computer and good communication skills
- Have some experience or interest in the procurement of goods and services
- Have the ability undertake multiple tasks within tight timeframes.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
To apply, please click "Apply now!".
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||project+support+officer+pd+feb2023 (3).docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.