Regional Security and Resilience Advisor at Electoral Commission, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Regional Security and Resilience Advisor - General Election
- opportunity to contribute to New Zealand's democratic process and ensure the safety and security of New Zealand's biggest event
- Competitive Salary -- Fixed term to November 2023
- Flexible location and ability to travel regionally and domestically
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | about the role
This fixed-term role is for Regional Security and Resilience Advisors for the 2023 General Election.
We are looking for enthusiastic team-players who can hit the ground running and are happy to go the extra mile in order to manage a high tempo of work effectively and efficiently. You will need excellent interpersonal skills in order to liaise with a wide range of customers and stakeholders, as well as very strong Protective Security experience. You will be IT savvy, agile, professional, and calm under pressure, with ideally some experience in an emergency response or management capacity.
Mōhou ake | About you
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are able to effectively liaise and collaborate with a range of stakeholders
- Have at least 3 years experience in a protective security or emergency response environment
- Have a good understanding of risk assessment and management
- Are able to complete technical reporting in accordance with proscribed timelines and formats
- Can deal effectively with high pressure and emergency situations
- Have a high level of computer literacy and use of Microsoft Suite of applications and software
- Are able to travel regionally and nationally
- Have a full NZ drivers licence
- Have the ability to work flexible hours
- Working with other electoral officials as a team to increase security and resilience
- Liaising with local and regional emergency and civil defence personnel
- Providing security-specific advice to Electoral Officials
- Completing regular security reporting and incident reporting
- Providing advice and assistance in an emergency or security incident
- Championing security at a regional and local level by encouraging good security practice and reinforcing security messaging
A background in policing, defence or emergency response would be an advantage, but we encourage applicants from any background who meet the above criteria to apply.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and cover letter outlining you reasons for joining the Commission, highlighting relevant skills and experience.
Applications close Monday 5 June 2023, however we will be reviewing applications as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Position Description - Regional Security and Resilience Advisor .docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.