Advisor - Land Development Programme at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Involvement with strategic land acquisition programme
- Hybrid coordination / financial / EA type role
- Salary $85,306 plus 5 weeks leave and benefits
Kāinga Ora has a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires employees to be fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide your vaccination pass during the recruitment process.
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Urban Development Land Programme supports Kāinga Ora's mandate for identifying and purchasing land for future urban development. The team provide investigative, due diligence, strategic advice and ultimately facilitate the acquisition of land for future large scale development projects.
We are now looking for an Advisor - Urban Development Land Programme. This newly created role, supports the Strategic Lead by providing central coordination for all programme reporting, processes, documentation & tracking. The role is key in enabling sound decision making through financial reporting, analysis and advice.
- Collating, reporting and motoring of all programme activities
- Financial reporting and budget performance monitoring including (CAPEX & OPEX)
- Providing programme insights through accurate and up to date analysis and reporting
- Collate and deliver monthly Management, Board and Ministerial reports
- Act as secretary to the board for meetings minutes and agendas
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
To be successful in this role you must have a firm grasp of financial analysis and reporting methods as it is a key deliverable in the programme's success. You will also provide end to end coordination and support to the Strategic Lead including administrative and board secretary duties. The role is an exciting hybrid role that will suit a flexible and adaptive person and will require;
- Tertiary qualification in business, finance, project management or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding and ability in financial data analysis and reporting
- Proven programme coordination and monitoring experience at multimillion dollar level
- Excellent report writing skills
- A flexible and proactive attitude towards work
- Advanced experience in Microsoft packages
- A willingness to act as administrator and secretary as required
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal/external stakeholders
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in strategic, forward thinking land acquisitions that impact Aotearoa's future. We also offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday 17th June 2022
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.