Senior Building Inspector at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Newly created role which can be based anywhere in NZ
- Recently formed, independent Building Consent Authority
- Annual salary of $123,648 plus a suite of insurances and other benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
We are currently recruiting for Senior Building Inspectors to join our recently formed National Building Consent Authority. Reporting to the Building Inspections Team Leader, you'll provide building inspections to ensure R1 to C2 type building compliance with consented plans and the NZ Building Code.
A key responsibility of the role is consistent quality of inspections and related activity. This will mean the right processes are being followed; you are appropriately allocated work within your competency, and have the right support and training.
You'll ensure your work volumes are managed successfully and will work with other team members and staff to establish and maintain appropriate standards.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- A relevant building or design qualification of experience to achieve the required NZ Building Act 2006 Regulation 18
- 4 - 5 years experience in building inspections in a construction management or building regulatory role
- Good building technical knowledge, application and awareness
- Good legislative knowledge, application and understanding
- Sound judgement and strong decision making skills
- An ability to achieve customer service excellence in a regulatory environment
- A comprehensive understanding of both on shore and off shore OSM production
- An ability to deliver and manage multiple remote inspection solutions
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 23 August 2022
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.