Senior Housing Support Manager - Fixed Term for 12 Months at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 12 months fixed term opportunity supporting our customers in Christchurch North East
- Create an impact in our customers' lives in this unique and culturally rich community
- Annual salary of $88,211 plus five weeks' annual leave and a suite of benefits
Mō mātou - Our organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
As Senior Housing Support Manager, you will work directly with a portfolio of our customers and their whānau with higher support requirements and more complex needs. You will build meaningful and lasting relationships to ensure customers' housing and wellbeing needs are being met. You will be working with many of our Māori and Pasifika communities, so it's important that you are culturally aware and that your approach is aligned to our customers' aspirations and preferences.
You will have an in-depth and holistic understanding of customers' housing and wellbeing needs, as well as a strong knowledge of support services available to ensure that our customers live with the greatest degree of independence possible. As a senior member of the team you will also play a key role in coaching and mentoring our Housing Support Managers to develop team capability.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- You'll have a wealth of experience supporting customers with complex needs, with the ability to connect and build relationships with hard-to-engage customers
- You'll be experienced at coaching and mentoring others to support their development and fulfil their potential
- You'll be adept at de-escalating highly emotional situations and conversations, with the ability to problem solve and understand the reasons behind issues affecting our customers
- Your cultural awareness will align your approach to our customers' aspirations and preferences, particularly in working with Māori and Pasifika
- As these roles require travelling around the local region, a current New Zealand driver's licence is required (car provided)
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on 16 August 2022
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Kainga Ora - PD - Senior Housing Support Manager - Oct 21.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.