Manager - Commercial Infrastructure Urban Development at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Hobsonville Location
- $5.8 billion programme of large scale developments
- $202,329 plus 5 weeks annual leave, benefits & flexible working
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Mātou mahi - Our Role
The Manager - Commercial Infrastructure Urban Development will be responsible for commercial, financial and contract management for the Infrastructure and Civil Construction team in Urban Development and Delivery (UDD). This role will closely support the Commercial and Project Delivery teams in UDD and our delivery partners.
The role will enable UDD to make decisions based on commercial insights and up to date information, to anticipate and deal with risks, threats and opportunities and to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency across the Large-Scale Projects and Greenfield and Complex Projects through strong commercial management. This will enable project delivery in line with project business cases.
The Manager - Commercial Infrastructure Urban Development supports the UDD Directors and General Manager to add value and enable project delivery through effective commercial and financial management in a complex project environment with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Relevant professional tertiary qualifications and a minimum of 15 years of equivalent, directly related work experience
- Deep and extensive experience in large infrastructure projects involving delivery across multidisciplinary teams.
- Subject matter expertise in commercial and financial management of projects
- Experience working on commercials and / or contracts in Alliancing environments is desirable
- Experience working in a multi-faceted and demanding environments
- Demonstrated experience working with systems and processes to automate and lift the quality of commercial and financial project management
- Contract Management and administration experience is preferred
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to inspire exceptional performance
- Experience being part of and actively contributing to the Senior Leadership team of a large organisation or major project
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Applications close on 31 January 2023.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.