Advisor - Development Strategy at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Influence decisions to ensure we achieve housing targets
- Exciting opportunity to make this role your own and make a significant difference
- Full time, permanent role at $142,518 salary + 5 weeks' annual leave + free insurances
- Flexible location in either Wellington, Hamilton or Bay of Plenty
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
As Advisor - Development Strategy, you'll work across internal teams ranging from Urban Partnerships, Complex Projects and Market Delivery, and enjoy the opportunity to utilise your strategic and analytical mindset, interpersonal skills, and being outcome-focused to not just solve problems on paper, but drive solutions through to implementation.
You'll be responsible for leading and driving project briefs on utilising existing Kāinga Ora land, and engaging with various stakeholders and partners to unlock opportunities across the region to ensure we achieve housing targets.
Applying in-depth knowledge of housing markets, you will cover collecting and analysing business intelligence and technical data involving complex issues to produce written material and monitor quality control.
Please note that occasional travel between Wellington and Hamilton (a few times a month) will be required.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Existing experience in development strategy, project management, development management or a similar field
- A wealth of property development experience, including the associated legislation and regulations, coupled with the ability to prepare and present development feasibility and scenario modelling
- An in-depth understanding of the redevelopment process and the town-planning, urban design, and architecture principles which inform buildability is advantageous
- Experience in managing relationships and working in collaboration and partnership with key internal, external and industry stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to analyse opportunities and problems from a broad perspective and understand the potential impact of actions taken
- You'll have existing regional knowledge of, and networks across, the Central region
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close at 11.59 on Sunday 5 February 2023.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.