Senior Advisor - Project Risk at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Hobsonville Location
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Salary $123,648 per annum + 5 weeks annual leave
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Senior Advisor - Project Risk will provide professional support to the Principal Advisor - Risk, ensuring continuous improvement in the management, development and implementation of risk project management within Urban Development and Delivery (UDD) project delivery.
The Senior Advisor - Project Risk will ensure that the risk processes and documentation are kept current and in line with the changing business environment for effective project delivery within UDD and that leaders and their teams are provided with appropriate advice and value added to projects.
The role works across Kāinga Ora and alongside Risk, Assurance and Regulatory to ensure best practice risk management is in place for significant projects (projects greater than $50m).
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience in civil infrastructure or large construction projects
- Experience working in a multi-faceted and demanding governance environment is preferred
- Experience in project risk management
- Sound communication skills and demonstrated ability to provide trusted advice
- Ability to assess and challenge information
- Experience in prioritising demands, meeting deadlines and delivering desired results by taking ownership and using effective self and time management
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Interest in public sector structure, governance, processes and systems
- Understanding of partnership obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Applications close on 10th Feb 2023
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Principal Advisor - Project Risk.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.