Development Manager - Large scale at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Great opportunity to get exposure working on large scale projects
- Based in Hobsonville, Auckland
- Salary $160,760 + 5 weeks' annual leave and a suite of additional benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Development Manager - Large-Scale, will be part of the team responsible for the development and delivery of multiple and/or complex master planned neighbourhoods.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Assist in the preparation of Programme and Investment Business Cases (for Neighbourhoods) for approval up to a value of $350m (net)
- In conjunction with the Senior Development Manager - Large-Scale, maintain a strategic view on the development approach of the project/s, this includes identifying the staging strategy, community engagement, Mana Whenua engagement and sales strategy
- Manage and provide input into design, including, but not limited to master planning, proposed house and apartment designs, civil and infrastructure design, staging and delivery strategy
- Manage the day-to-day activities and requirements of the neighbourhood and ensure programme delivery in accordance with the business case and Kāinga Ora's mandate
- Manage and monitor civil construction partners' delivery and outputs
- Manage the delivery programme, provide and manage project reporting and monitor and manage the performance of delivery partners
- Assist in the preparation of sales documents
- Ensure Kāinga Ora's contractual obligations are met - titling, subdivision, consenting, decontamination, house removal and/or demolition, services and infrastructure provision
- In conjunction with the Tenancy team, manage Kāinga Ora tenant relocation in relation to house removal and civil construction and ensure any risks and issues are escalated
- Be responsible for all reporting associated with your designated Neighbourhood/s, including preparation of regular management reports and papers
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Property Development, Property Financing, Urban Planning, Project Management, Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Additional tertiary (diploma or degree) qualifications of direct relevance to the role (construction, engineering, finance, business) would be advantageous
- 7+ years successful and relevant experience, preferably in land development
- Experience working on Transit eg. Rail/Transport
- High rise experience, 6 stories+
- Experience in providing direction & governance to a project management team, with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Understanding of partnership obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and experience in working with Iwi and Māori organisations
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 29 January 2023
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Development Manager - Large-Scale - UDD PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.