Project Coordinator - Large Scale Northcote Oranga at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Career defining opportunity for an experienced project coordinator
- Be part of Large-Scale Project - Northcote Oranga Precincts and be influential in shaping the future of communities in NZ
- Salary $76,094 + 5 weeks' annual leave and a suite of additional benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Urban Development and Delivery Group is responsible for delivering Kainga Ora's large scale and complex urban development projects. The group is responsible for enabling more affordable market homes, better quality state homes and improved infrastructure and amenity across master planned precincts and neighbourhoods.
The Project Coordinator will provide services to the Project team who are responsible for large scale urban neighbourhood developments across the Project and will also work closely with the Project Director to increase the overall effectiveness of the Project Director and the team. This will require a comprehensive understanding of the interdependencies of projects or work streams within the programme and projects, in order to be able to manage the needs, expectations, and at times competing priorities, of a wide variety of high demand stakeholders.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
Assist the Project Team with the planning and delivery of the projects in accordance with Kāinga Ora's strategic and budgetary requirements:
- Assist with programme level registers (such as risk, issues, benefits) and ensure all escalations from projects or works streams are captured and brought to the attention of the project team lead.
- Manage information and communications for the programme and projects
- Develop relationships and provide support and information to the wider team to support a shared service approach
- The provision of secretarial and administrative services, including assisting with organising the Project Director's workflow to enable the Project Director to operate more effectively
- Travel and accommodation for the Project Director, direct reports and other team members is arranged in a timely manner and within budget guidelines.
- Provide administrative support to support the Project Team and Project Director's direct reports
- Contribute to a high performing team including attending and organising meetings, workshops, site walkovers and community open days.
- Provision of project management support and administration with ad-hoc projects within the business group when required.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on 5th Feb 2023
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||PD - Project Coordinator role - UDD LSP.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.