Manager - People Support Services at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Bring your extensive leadership experience and operational knowledge of remuneration and benefits, analytics and reporting, and employment and industrial relations to this exciting role.
- Annual salary of $180,887 plus five weeks' leave, Kiwisaver, and a suite of insurance benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build Aotearoa's future.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Manager to lead our People Support Services team based in Wellington. Reporting to the Director - People, you will be accountable for providing leadership in employment and industrial relations, remuneration and benefits, HR information and analytics, as well as reporting and planning functions. This includes being responsible for Payroll, Remuneration tools, Position Management, Organisation Chart and other systems used by People Support Services to provide information and services to the business.
As the Manager - People Support Services, you will ensure that the People processes operate as interconnected systems that provide a simple and satisfying experience to stakeholders and compliance with relevant legislation. You will also proactively identify system and process improvements to deliver best practice services to the organisation.
You will work closely with the Director - People to deliver people support to the Board and Leadership Committees with regards to remuneration advice and reporting requirements. You will also be a member of the People Leadership Team that works collegially to support our strategic direction and goals.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Extensive leadership and management experience in an HR Services environment including Payroll, Remuneration, Employment Relations, HR analytics and reporting
- Project Management skills and experience delivering continuous improvement
- Ability to manage and make decisions in the moment; that support our people and are aligned to our values
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a complex public sector environment including time spent in a leadership role
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a HR discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a complex work environment
- Strong customer service skills i.e. focus on improving customer experience and able to interpret and anticipate and clarify requirements to provide customer-centric solutions
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, look ahead for potential issues and develop appropriate solutions
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close 2 February 2023.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.