Housing Support Manager - Rotorua / Fixed term until Mar 2024 at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full-time fixed term/secondment role with an annual salary of $76,094 + 5 weeks' annual leave pro rata
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
As Housing Support Manager based in Rotorua, you will work directly with a portfolio of our customers and their whānau with higher support requirements and more complex needs, building meaningful and lasting relationships to ensure customers' housing and wellbeing needs are being met, and continue to be met as they change over time.
You will have an in-depth and holistic understanding of customers' housing and wellbeing needs, as well as a wealth of knowledge of support services available to ensure that our customers live with the greatest degree of independence possible.
This role is a fixed term/secondment until Friday 29 March 2024
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- We need people who care as much as we do, and are passionate about supporting customers who may have challenging housing and wellbeing needs.
- You'll be a natural relationship-builder, relating to customers from all backgrounds and all walks of life.
- You'll be skilled at de-escalating highly emotional situations and conversations, with the ability to problem solve and understand the reasons behind customer issues
- You'll be comfortable and skilled to work on rent arrears and debt recovery.
- Your cultural awareness will foster an aligned approach to our customers' aspirations and preferences, particularly in working with Māori and Pasifika.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Insurance benefits, including medical
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career development and study opportunities
These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Sunday 4 June 2023.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.