Domestic Worker - Korowai Manaaki YJ Residence at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, Full Time Roles Available
- Remuneration starting at $23.79 per hour / $49,500 per annum
- Korowai Manaaki Youth Justice Residence, Manurewa
Contribute to the smooth functioning of our Residence! We have multiple vacancies for Domestic Workers at our Youth Justice Residence 'Korowai Manaaki'. Positions are Monday to Friday but there is flexibility for the right person with the hours and days of work.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The purpose of the role of the Domestic Worker is to provide a high quality and responsive domestic home keeping services.
The safety of and outcomes for children and young persons in our care is paramount. In undertaking the duties of Domestic Worker you will consistently demonstrate appropriate models of behaviour, ensuring that any interaction has a positive influence and brightens the outcome for those children and young persons in our care while maintaining a clean and well-functioning residence.
In this this position you will:
- Undertake stock control of all cleaning, laundry, first aid, consumables and linen supplies
- Ensure that all tools, equipment and consumables are safely and securely managed
- Provide a professional, high-quality and responsive cleaning service across all areas including toilets, bathrooms and kitchen areas; maintain office and visitor areas to a corporate standard
- Develop and maintain a laundry service for the residence which includes laundering and minor repair of residents' clothing, and general laundry excluding bed linen and towels
- Be responsible for Health and Safety by identifying and escalating hazards, risks and issues
- Prepare reports and complete audits as required
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- Ability to pass Police Vetting and Background Safety checks (please note: Clean Slate Act does not apply)
- A full clean valid New Zealand Driver License
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at time of application
- Experience working in a commercial cleaning and/or laundry setting preferred
- Empathy and understanding towards tamariki
- Good communication skills - including basic computer skills
- An appreciation of privacy and confidentiality
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Resilience, flexibility and reliability
- An outcome focus, with the ability to work unsupervised
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts at $23.79 per hour / $49,500 per annum dependent on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz (please note that this may not be monitored to the usual extent over the Christmas break)
Applications close: 12th February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Domestic Worker - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.