Kaitātari Māramatanga Matua| Senior Insights Analyst at Statistics NZ, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaitātari Māramatanga Matua| Senior Insights Analyst
Oranga Me Ngā Whare Noho | Wellbeing and Housing
Use your passion for data to improve the wellbeing of people in New Zealand.
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa.
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments, with health and wellbeing support.
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career (including a coaching culture, study support, secondments, opportunities to act up).
Te tūnga | The role
Salary: $ 89,177- $ 104,914 depending on skills and experience
Location: Wellington, Christchurch
Te tīma Oranga Me Ngā Whare Noho (the Wellbeing and Housing team) is seeking a Senior Insights Analyst with an interest in wellbeing data, a desire to mentor emerging analysts and a talent for producing insights using quantitative data.
The role will contribute to all stages of the General Social Survey from content design to data collection, all the way through to the release of our statistics and beyond. As a Senior Insights Analyst in the team, you will lead key work through data analysis, producing insight from the data and report writing. You will contribute to the wider work of the team, which includes responsibility for Te Kupenga (the Māori Social Survey) and subject matter expertise in housing, homelessness, and wellbeing.
As a senior analyst, you will also be a member of the technical leadership team within the Work & Wellbeing unit. You will work with managers to shape and prioritise the team's work programme and the wider work programme within the unit, contributing to strategic discussions and decision making.
As a leader in the team, you will have a key role in supporting, mentoring, and enabling other analysts within the team with their work and with their ongoing development.
Nōu te rourou | About you
If you are someone with a keen interest in the wellbeing of people living in New Zealand, this role might be for you!
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a background and interest in wellbeing.
- Have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field (computer science, statistics, etc.) that has a significant data component or equivalent experience.
- Have experience in the collection, production, or dissemination of social statistics. R competency and statistical knowledge is highly desirable.
- Be a competent writer, with the ability to craft papers, reports and stories using quantitative data.
- Have experience resolving conceptually and technically challenging problems.
- Be comfortable working within tight timeframes, in a context where priorities can and do change, and have a willingness to respond and quickly adapt your thinking in light of new information.
- Provide evidence of their ability to work as part of a collaborative team and development environment.
- Have familiarity with, or a commitment to learn and understand, Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Ao and Te Reo Māori.
- Have demonstrated, encouraged or supported diversity and inclusion in or outside of work.
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Design Analyst and Senior Insights Analyst for the Wellbeing and Housing team. You are welcome to apply for both roles using one application. Please state which is your preferred role in your cover letter.
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistics to support the decisions of Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning.
Please reach out to Sarah Drake firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video. Please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
We encourage you to go to our careers site to learn more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Background and various pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Make sure to watch this video to find out more about Stats NZ
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Insights Analyst and Senior Insights Analyst - Wellbeing and Housing.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.