Resource Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Flexible Casual Workign Arrangements
- Remuneration in line with Living Wage
Do you enjoy and have experience working with young people and can support tamariki or rangatahi through a difficult time to realise their full potential? Have you guided your own children or another young person from adolescence to adulthood whilst bringing a high level of resilience and motivation?
If so then you already have skills to work alongside our Youth Justice Social Workers to make a difference for children and young people who need some special support for a few critical months in their lives.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
These roles form part of a casual pool of staff. The work is as and when required. From time to time they provide short or long-term support for youth Justice Social Workers, who work hard to keep our children and young people safe. The duties will include:
- Day to day minding of children and young people in youth court and other community sites
- Providing emotional support to at-risk children
- Coordinating and transporting to and from appointments, youth court appearances and other activities
- Providing general support to the Youth Justice team
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- A Passion for working and supporting children and young people
- A Positive attitude and enthusiasm for your work
- Proven experience in caregiving, community work or working with young people
- A Full clean New Zealand driver's licence
- Flexibility to work casual hours
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
This is a rewarding opportunity to use your life experiences and develop specialist skills.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi. The hourly rate for this casual position is $23.65 (living wage).
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Applications close: 9 October 2022
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.