Manager Health Identity, Sector Digital Channels, Data and Digital at Te Whatu Ora, All Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Join Te Whatu Ora at a key time of change where you will meaningfully contribute to our kaupapa of creating a more equitable, accessible, cohesive and people-centred health system. This is mahi that will improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in Aotearoa, and we've got an opportunity for you to be part of it.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Our Sector Digital Channels team plays a pivotal role as a catalyst for change in our nationally enabled services. Our mission is to create digital solutions that are both cost-effective and sustainable, revolutionizing accessibility through user-friendly digital self-service options and assisted channels. Through automation and seamless integration, we aim to ease the burden on our workforce.
Our team proudly takes the lead in managing, delivering, and offering unwavering support for all our national external services. These services, curated by Data and Digital, are tailored for entities beyond Te Whatu Ora, Te Aka Whai Ora, and Manatū Hauora. Additionally, our team champions the development and oversight of APIs that foster interconnectedness across the various systems and services employed by external parties, such as the National Immunisation Register and Health Practitioner Index.
Mōu | About you
The Manager Health Identity is a member of the Sector Digital Channels team that has the collective accountability for maintaining and enhancing technology services and implementing and supporting Te Whatu Ora priorities.
You will play a pivotal role in managing essential health identity services for consumers and patients. Our key services include the National Health Index, which uniquely identifies health care recipients and enables their health records to be linked together and the eSAM Address Validation Service. In this role, a strong understanding of privacy and regulation in relation to health data is essential. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate and engage with other Government agencies to ensure compliance and adherence to necessary protocols.
Join us as we work diligently to provide efficient and secure digital health delivery for all.
Ka kawea e koe | You will bring:
- A relevant graduate and/or post-graduate qualification.
- Seasoned experience in a similar role in a large and complex organisation.
- Experience in an ICT leadership role with a background in ICT management including working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong technical skills, including experience with identity and access management solutions.
- Familiarity with best practices and compliance standards.
- Demonstrated experience managing or delivering complex IT systems.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage teams in an environment of change, financial prudence and an increasing level of digital maturity across the organisation.
- Proven relationship building skills and well-developed communication skills.
- Proven ability in managing suppliers and vendors.
- Strong financial management of operational budgets.
- Ability to apply technical strategies, policies, standards and practices effectively.
- Demonstrated intuition and the ability to balance good process with the need to make clear decisions in demanding situations such as. priority service outages.
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight timeframes and manage competing priorities while remaining resilient under pressure.
- Experience working in the health sector or other Government body.
Ko te mahi e tika ana mō te ao hurihuri nei | Work that suits today's ever-changing world
Te Whatu Ora supports flexible and hybrid working for our kaimahi. In roles that don't require an in-person element, we encourage you to ‘work from where you are.' We want our national teams to be made up of diverse people from across the motu, just like our health system.
Tō mātou whakahaere ki te tika, te rerekētanga, me te whai wāhi mai | Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Our name, Te Whatu Ora, means ‘the weaving of wellness'. Whatu is the combining together of people, resources, organisations, thoughts and actions for the betterment and wellbeing of all. Whatu is also a direct reference to the pupil of the eye, and the vision required of the new entity and system.
At Te Whatu Ora we acknowledge and respect our people's diversity and spiritual needs, ensuring a safe workplace that is a whānau orientated and supportive environment. We are working towards a system that better meets the complex demands of a growing population, addresses the persistent inequalities experienced by Māori and ensures greater access, experience and outcomes for those traditionally not well served by the system – Māori, Pacific and Disabled People.
Tō tūranga i roto i Te Whatu Ora | Your place in Te Whatu Ora
When you join us, you become part of transforming the health system. This is a once in a life-time change, that will touch the lives of everyone in Aotearoa, and future generations. We want to see the real you in your application and welcome the real you on board if you come and work with us. Skills are gained across many areas of our life, not just in formal employment. If you can demonstrate the skills listed in the ad, but the experience was gained through whānau life, community or mahi aroha (volunteering) we encourage you to apply and share your story with us in your cover letter.
We particularly welcome applications from our diverse Māori, Pacific, disabled, and rainbow communities.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to contact Bella firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora
|Permanent Full time
|IT & computing
|Manager Health Identity PD_FINAL.pdf (PDF, 250KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.