Career Development Consultant AK & CH at Tertiary Education Commission, Any TEC Office
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Career Development Consultant (Work Connect)-migrant focused
Fixed Term Auckland & Christchurch
The TEC Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is a small Crown agency with a big job to do - to ensure New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to ensure lifelong success to build a great country. We lead the Government's relationship with the tertiary education sector in New Zealand and provide career services from education to employment.
Are you passionate about helping people from diverse ethnic backgrounds in their career journey in Aotearoa New Zealand, experienced in, one to one and group coaching, face to face and webinar facilitation, creative with resources and delivery and looking to be part of a collaborative and innovative team.
Two of our wonderful consultants are going on parental leave, so we are looking for a 2x Career Development Consultants to join our Work Connect team, 1x based in Auckland and 1x based in Christchurch, to help eligible skilled migrants build the skills they need to obtain meaningful employment in New Zealand. It's a chance to make a real difference in the lives of our clients, so we're in search of people who are passionate about supporting and encouraging migrants in their career journey.
The Work Connect programme is a 10 hour programme that focuses on
- Providing eligible migrants the tools and resources to develop the skills and knowledge to find meaningful work in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Supporting migrants in their job search through developing their confidence.
- Check the webpage here: https://www.careers.govt.nz/work-connect/
This is a fixed-term role until 30 June 2022 and occasional regional travel may also be required.
What you will be doing?
- Providing one-to-one career guidance and coaching services to skilled migrants and international students
- Delivering workshops and training programmes (in person and via webinar)
- Building and maintaining partnerships with external stakeholders, members of migrant communities and education sector organisations, to promote the programme
- Contributing to the ongoing development and improvement of the Work Connect programme
What will you bring to the role?
- Proven experience providing quality one-to-one career guidance and coaching services
- Experience in, delivering training programmes, workshops and presentations
- Experience working with migrant communities and international students
- An ability to connect with migrant stakeholders and demonstrate cultural awareness
- Networking skills using a variety of channels (e.g. face to face, social networks etc.)
- A tertiary qualification in career development, education, business or social sciences, desirable
- Flexibility to travel nationally if required.
What you will get in return?
- The chance to make a real difference in people's lives.
- A supportive manager and team, keen to invest in your professional development.
- A wide range of benefits including flexible working options.
- Competitive remuneration based on skills and experience
Applications close on 23rd January 2022. If this sounds of interest, please apply now. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Appointment to a position at the Tertiary Education Commission will require the production of evidence, prior to the commencement of work, of a “My Vaccine Pass' issued by the Ministry of Health.
Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Location:||Any TEC Office|
|Position type:||Fixed Term - Full time|
|Attachment:||RD Work Connect Career Development Consultant .pdf (PDF, 503KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.