Case Manager - Auckland Region Women's Corrections Facility at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
At Auckland Region Women's Corrections Facility our Case Managers provide the women we manage with specialist end-to-end case management that includes initial assessment and identification of their respective needs, case planning, preparations for release and writing reports to the New Zealand Parole Board.
Joining our busy team, you will use a range of services and techniques and work with external agencies and the prisoner's family, to support their rehabilitation. Central to your success as a Case Manager is the ability to exercise sound professional judgement, ensuring the needs and services for our Women are appropriately identified, and treatment and programmes well aligned.
We are keen to hear from interested applicants who can demonstrate:
- Proven knowledge and experience in case management, rehabilitation and reintegration related disciplines and practices
- The ability to operate safely and effectively within a correctional environment
- Strong report writing and administration skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- The ability to take on feedback in a highly reflective environment
- Highly developed relationship management and communication skills
- An ability to motivate and support prisoners to make positive changes over the long-term
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Maori and Pacific peoples, their families and communities
- A tertiary qualification relevant to the role and/or demonstrated career experience where your transferrable skills are relevant to the skillset required to be an effective Case Manager
- A current and full (non-conditional) New Zealand driver licence
- The legal and on-going right to work in New Zealand (for a minimum of no less than 24 months)
- The ability to pass a pre-employment drug test
- The declaration of any convictions and/or conflicts of interest and have them approved by us in accordance with our Corrections ‘frontline' delegations policy
In line with our Strategy; Hōkai Rangi, we are especially keen to hear from people who have experience working in a Kaupapa Māori or Pasifika environment and/or a willingness to learn. Please highlight any relevant experience and/or language skills in your application.
So, If you have what it takes to play a key part in making a real contribution to changing lives and reducing re-offending apply now. For more information on the role of a Case Manager please take a look at the Job Description and/or go to: www.corrections.govt.nz/careers
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
From 08 December 2021, all people working inside prisons will be required to be fully vaccinated as part of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021. People in prison are some of the most vulnerable to COVID-19 and due to the ease of transmission, extending the Vaccination Order supports the safety and wellbeing of our staff and people in prison.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications close Sunday, 05 December 2021.
NB: If you are currently a Department of Corrections staff member employed for 18 months or longer in a permanent capacity as a Case Manager and want to Transfer location, you do not need to complete the full application process. Instead, please register your expression of interest for an ‘internal transfer' no later than 05 December 2021 via the department's Intranet.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)|
|Position type:||Permanent (Vaccination Req)|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||Case Manager JD.pdf (PDF, 80KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.