Bail Support Officer- Manukau at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 1 x Fixed Term Contract / Secondment
- End Date : 13th January 2023
- Mangere Location
- New and exciting opportunity to make a positive difference
The Bail Support Services has been established to ensure courts are given the best information about safe and timely bail proposals. If granted, Bail Support Services provides the support necessary for defendants to succeed on bail. Bail Support Officers use a holistic, defendant and whanau centric approach. They work alongside defendants and whanau and with defence counsel and a range of community and government social service providers to prepare bail proposals and develop bail support plans for defendants.
We're looking for people who're passionate about making a real difference for defendants and their whanau and comfortable working in an often dynamic and fast paced pilot environment. You'll be strongly connected to your community, ideally with experience in social services provision, NGO sector and/or justice sector organisations.
To be successful you'll:
- be non judgemental, see potential in people and have experience supporting a wide range of often challenging people to leverage their strengths to make positive life choices.
- integrate Te Ao Māori within your professional practice and confidently work across many social, cultural and ethnic communities to effect positive change.
- naturally be a problem solver and divergent thinker
- have good attention to detail, able to gather a wide range of information and demonstrate sound professional decision making.
- be highly motivated and self-managing with excellent time management and organisation skills.
- be able to write quality reports, have excellent computer skills and quickly pick up new systems and processes.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of something new. If you're looking to grow your career by using your skills and knowledge in a different context this will be perfect for you.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
Salary : $58 359 - $67 507.00 (negotiable). Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Kano ārai mate KOWHEORI-19 | COVID-19 vaccinations
As part of our COVID-19 response, all people working at Ara Poutama Aotearoa are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access our workplaces. This is to ensure we continue to do all we can to keep everyone safe from the impacts of COVID-19, now and into the future.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Attachment:||Bail Support Officer - JD - USE THIS ONE.pdf (PDF, 160KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.