Intelligence Analyst at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Intelligence Analyst – National Security Intelligence Unit
- Are you an experienced intelligence practitioner with professional curiosity?
- Do you enjoy working under pressure and have an ability to manage competing priorities and demands to deliver timely, relevant Intelligence and achieve results for the team?
- Are you a problem solver who can support a positive and productive team that is focused on service delivery excellence?
- Do you enjoy applying your analytical skills to provide decision advantage in the areas of complex risk?
If you answered yes to the above, then please take the opportunity to apply!
It is an exciting time to join Corrections Intelligence! We have recently received additional investment and the intelligence function is growing. The positions are within the recently established National Security Intelligence Unit and will service the Prisoners of Extreme Risk Unit. The positions will report to the Intelligence Supervisor and will work to deliver nationally consistent products which provide decision advantage in the areas of the highest and most complex risk. We support our people to achieve their best, and provide opportunities for professional growth and development.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Proven experience in contributing to wider team projects
- Effective self management
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- The ability to deliver impromptu and planned briefings to a range of stakeholder groups
- The credibility, integrity, and personality to establish and maintain effective relationships internal and external to the Department of Corrections
- An understanding of the strategic, operational, and tactical use of intelligence
- Competency in problem solving and the ability to think critically
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
Possessing an ability to evaluate information with a sense of urgency, you will be vigilant in ensuring the integrity of our operations by elevating concerns before issues arise. A full driving licence is required as travel will be a requirement of this role. The hours to be worked are within 0700-1900 Monday-Friday and can be discussed at interview.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The salary range is $75,829 – $107,052 (85-120% of the banding). Being appointed at the midpoint of $89,210 would indicate a qualified and competent applicant. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is a great time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency.
There is potential for additional Intelligence Analyst roles to be available, please indicate within your application if you would be interested in being considered for these roles also.
Applications close Sunday 10 July 2022, 5pm. Interviews are scheduled for 20-21st July 2022, so please ensure you are available on this date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.