Psychologist - Auckland Region at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Supportive team with ongoing professional development
- Opportunities in our offices in Manukau, Auckland central & Auckland Prison
- Salary $81,049 - $125,485
‘Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.'
Are you a Psychologist looking to bring your passion and commitment to changing lives to Ara Poutama Aotearoa?
We are looking for qualified Psychologists to join our vibrant team across the Auckland District. We have opportunities in 3 of our offices: Manukau, Auckland central and Auckland Prison.
At Ara Poutama Aotearoa staff focus on having relationships with people and their whānau, that are based on manaaki and contribute positively to their wellbeing.
As a Psychologist based in one of these offices you will be involved in tasks such as clinical assessments and treatment of a broad range of needs, providing supervision and psychological advice to other professionals, delivering training, undertaking applied research and, at times, acting as expert witness to the courts.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is reliable with strong communication skills
- Has experience in risk assessment in a similar setting (desirable)
- Has a minimum of a Masters degree in Psychology and registration with the NZ Psychologist Board
- Is able to demonstrate and commit to culturally responsive ways of working
- Is an excellent problem solver with strong communication skills
- Works well in a collaborative professional environment
- Can demonstrate an understanding of Te Ao Māori/Tikanga Māori and bi-cultural practice
- Has commitment to contributing to the outcomes of Hōkai Rangi
- Wants to begin or progress their career in a development focused service.
- Has a minimum of a Masters degree in Psychology (Clinical or Forensic Psychology and registration with the NZ Psychologist Board in the clinical/counselling and general scope of practice)
Some of the benefits of joining our team include:
- Working with and being supported by other psychologists
- Working in Prison and community based settings
- A chance to work in a culturally diverse region
- An in-depth training programme to equip staff with knowledge in risk assessment and forensic treatment where required
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Regular clinical supervision
- Psychological Services are committed to providing service in a culturally appropriate manner and the Department of Corrections provides regular cultural supervision
- Flexible working conditions
To find out more about working as a Psychologist at Corrections, click on the link below to hear from some of our people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0EleGUvXR4
This role calls for someone who has a minimum of a Masters degree in Psychology (Clinical or Forensic Psychology and registration with the NZ Psychologist board in the clinical/general scope of practice). Please note NZ applicants must already hold full Registration.
We are open to receiving interest from any part of the world as long as your qualifications are registered with the New Zealand Psychologist Board. Relocation support is offered to successful overseas applicants, and may be available to the right NZ applicant.
Should you wish to discuss this role further please contact Kalpana Govind on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The salary range for this role is $81,049 - $125,485. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. Applications close 31 December 2022. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.