Clinical Psychologist - Mental Health - Mt Eden Corrections Facility at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ngā kawenga | About the role
We are looking for Clinical Psychologists to join our multi-disciplinary mental health team at Mt Eden Corrections Facility. Your role will encompass providing a full range of secondary mental health psychological services including triage, assessment, and treatment based on best practice psychological service delivery. We are especially committed to providing evidence-based, culturally responsive interventions. Our team strives for excellence in clinical practice, and we offer ongoing professional development opportunities and clinical and cultural supervision. Additional benefits of joining our team include part-time and fulltime opportunities, and flexible working conditions. Join us in a vibrant and supportive team culture where your growth is valued.
He kōrero mōu | About you
To be considered for this rewarding role, we are looking for candidates who possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- A commitment to contributing to the outcomes of Hōkai Rangi
- A minimum of a master's degree in psychology and registration with the NZ Psychologist Board (Clinical Scope of Practice)
- Proven experience working with individuals with acute and complex mental health and/or addictions issues
- Demonstrated experience in providing psychological assessments and evidence-based treatments
- The ability to manage a clinical caseload efficiently, including triage, assessment, and treatment planning
- Experience in risk assessment
- Training and expertise in trauma-informed approaches
- Strong commitment to culturally safe practice
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The salary range for the role is $77,428 - $108,827 (Mid) - $129,485. We may also offer flexible and/or part-time options for working hours. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
International Relocation Package
Ara Poutama has relocation packages available for candidates relocating from overseas. For international applicants, please confirm your eligibility to register as a psychologist in New Zealand.
- Freight forward of $10,000
- Airfares for candidates and travelling family
- 4-weeks accommodation
- 4-weeks rental vehicle hire
- Airport transfers of up to $300 and any stop-over accommodation
Important Disclaimer for ALL Psychology Applicants
All applicants must demonstrate in their cover letter that they have current registration with the New Zealand Psychologists Board by noting their registration number. All international applicants must clearly demonstrate in their CV's that they have a comparable Masters of Psychology qualification plus current registration with the New Zealand Psychologists Board or that you have an active registration in process. Ara Poutama does not sponsor visas prior to employment.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis when submitted. To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications Close Thursday 19th October
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)|
|Attachment:||_Clinical Psychologist or Senior Clinical Psychologist (Hinengaro - Mental Health) JD.pdf (PDF, 345KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.