Bail Support Officer at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- An exciting opportunity to work within a diverse and motivated team to make a positive difference in your community!
- Fixed term opportunity available until September 2024
- Based at our Service Centre in Manukau
Kōtahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi |There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of people.
Ngā kawenga | About the role
The Bail Support Service has been established to ensure courts are given the best information about safe and timely bail proposals.
If granted, Bail Support Service provides the support necessary for defendants to succeed on bail. Bail Support Officers use a holistic, defendant and whānau centric approach. They work alongside defendants and whanau and with defence counsel and a range of community and government social service providers to prepare bail proposals and develop bail support plans for defendants.
He kōrero mōu | About you
We're looking for people who are passionate about making a real difference for defendants and their whānau and are comfortable working in an often dynamic and fast paced environment. You'll be motivated and willing to learn, adaptable and a team player.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
To be successful you'll:
- Be a team player, with initiative and drive
- Have great communication skills
- Be non-judgemental, and see potential in people, as well as help them use their strengths to make positive life choices.
- Work across many social, cultural and ethnic communities to effect positive change.
- Naturally be a problem solver and think outside the box
- Have good attention to detail, be able to gather a wide range of information and demonstrate sound professional decision making.
- Be highly motivated and self-managing with excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Be able to write quality reports, that are well structured and well-articulated
- Have excellent computer skills and quickly pick up new systems and processes.
To be considered for this role, you must have a current Full New Zealand Drivers Licence.
If you think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage you to apply.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The starting salary for this role is $62,359. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga (wellness and wellbeing) and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu (country).
As a values-led organisation, we use our values of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Please have a look into our purpose as Bail Support Services, and what our strategy Hōkai Rang is about.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV as well as a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department. Your cover letter must highlight relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our purpose is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications close Tuesday the 3rd of October at 11.00pm.
All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
Ara Poutama Aotearoa values diversity in our workforce, and as a Public Service organisation we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the public we serve. We strive to make our recruitment process fair and inclusive and we encourage applicants to discuss reasonable accommodation with us if required.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Auckland (Tamaki Makaurau)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Attachment:||Bail Support Services - Bail Support Officer - JD.docx (Word, 353KB)
Bail Support Services - Bail Support Officer - JD.pdf (PDF, 344KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.