Business Development Manager at Education New Zealand, Auckland/Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ko wai mātou - Who are we
Education New Zealand - Manapou ki te Ao (ENZ), is a Crown Agency responsible for international education. Our mission is to deliver enduring social, cultural, and economic benefits to Aotearoa, by taking New Zealand education experiences to the world.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga - The nature of the position
We have an exciting opportunity available for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us rebuild and grow the international education sector within New Zealand.
Reporting to the Director Sector Engagement, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for working to identify where to focus growth and development efforts, for proactively working with our sector customers, and to identify and further develop opportunities for market and product development along with contributing to initiatives that grow the capability of the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with a diverse and vibrant workplace culture, where new ideas, agility and creative thinking are welcomed.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Wheako - Essential skills/experiences for the role
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary level qualification in a related discipline backed by experience in developing engagement plans to successfully grow your portfolio of customersHigh degree of commercial acumen with demonstrated success in business development
- Experience in assessing customer needs and then exploring and developing suitable product options to meet those needs
- Proven ability and the creativity to develop compelling industry relevant proposals and value propositions
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to maintain current relationships whilst also identifying and building new relationships
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Proven ability to understand and analyse data
- Focus on achieving results and impact
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Understanding of the New Zealand education sector and international education sector is desirable but not essential
Te tono - How to apply
To view the position description and to apply, please visit our careers website: careers.enz.govt.nz Remember to attach a covering letter that outlines why you are interested in the position and your CV which highlights your skills, knowledge, and experience relevant to the role.
Please indicate in your application that you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close on 16 January 2023, 9am NZT.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Education New Zealand|
|Attachment:||Business Development Manager - PD.pdf (PDF, 384KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.